Why hire Tripp Davis and Associates as your golf architect? It is not one thing, but the combination of passion, respect, knowledge, desire and focus we bring to each commission we are entrusted with.
- An unparalleled passion for the game and a respect for its traditions and history - For a golf course to take, or preserve, its place as a special place in the game of golf, design and construction has to be more than just the movement of earth, installing an infrastructure, and applying the landscape materials of choice. Those responsible for developing the design and overseeing the work must have a deep passion for the game - knowing its feel and spirit, and a respect for the history and traditions of golf - leading to the understanding of the need to let our modern work continue with tried and true principles that have endured for centuries. Each of the members of the TDA Team bring this passion and respect to our work.
- A unique knowledge of strategic golf and the need for subtle challenges - The game of golf, at its best, is an enjoyable and challenging exercise of thought and physical skill, with both being equally necessary. Too often, modern golf architecture focuses solely on physical skill and leaves out the thoughtful art of developing and executing strategy through subtle design. From a unique knowledge of what constitutes interesting and varied strategic principals, we work very hard during both design and construction to make the game of golf a fun and thoughtful journey, with each player being given the equal chance to find their own way. This unique knowledge is led by Tripp Davis, whose competitive golf experience began as a junior and college All-American, continuing into an amateur career that saw him spend 2001-2004 as one of the top 40 amateurs in the country.
- An in-depth knowledge of the land sciences and the ability to work with a wide variety of consultants - The art of golf architecture must be integrated with the often complex science of planning, design, environmental stewardship, construction and maintenance. Only then will golf courses function sustainably within the environments they are built. Each of the members of Tripp Davis and Associates are educated in the land sciences, with varying degrees of experience in landscape architecture, planning, civil engineering, environmental design and engineering, golf course construction, and golf course maintenance. This is backed up in-house with the latest in computer design technology, allowing us to both communicate efficiently with other project consultants and produce highly accurate project documents. Ask our client’s - our projects work within the landscape, adjacent development plans, and we build them within budget.
- A strong desire to commit the focus to craft, rather than produce - The creation of anything tangible is a process. In one instance, the creative process can solely be a means to an end, or what we would define as a production process. However, the creative process can be an unwavering focus on the crafting of each important detail into a tapestry that comes together in a work of art. It is the crafting of golf courses that is the only true way to create or restore great golf courses, and while this approach requires an immense amount of time, limiting the number of design opportunities we can take, it is the only way we could see to be fulfilled in the work we do and responsibly serve our clients.
- Ultimately, our passion, respect, knowledge, desire and focus are put to work into gaining an understanding of how our clients specific needs can be seamlessly melded with the greatness of the game of golf to develop a golf experience that will meet the ultimate test - the test of time.